Mazda3 Forums banner

Engine swap

4K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Michelle0984 
#1 ·
So currently my 2012 Mazda is just under 300,00... Yes I drive a lot.... Eventually looking to swap out for something with some more pep since mine is getting a little sluggish accelerating... With that said wondering if a mazdaspeed motor would work... Any thoughts would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
You will need to find a shop that performs this kind of work. New engine mounts and some custom fabrication will need to be performed, and it won't be very cheap.

Search around for some used 2L turbo engines that are front wheel drive. A 2L Duratec from Ford may work well, but the turbo options get pricey.
CK

#9 ·
If you have just the regular 2.0L then the larger 2.5L that was optional should swap right in just like it does in the 1st gens, fairly easy as far as engine swaps go. The other option would be the Mazdaspeed 2.3L but that is going to be a much more involved swap and probably require a full parts car to do it right, at which point it might be cheaper and much less hassle to just buy a Mazdaspeed 3 outright and sell yours.

#11 ·
See this I understand but..... I’ve invested a lot into this car and actually never plan to get rid of it soooo just trying to figure out my options lol..... Just had the whole front refabricated this summer it’s a little project for me which I absolutely enjoy doing... There’s my before ...... Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.