Mazda3 Forums banner

Wife may have killed it

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Tekboy 
#1 ·
Yesterday, my wife bottomed out my 2008 Mazda 3 2.3L Automatic in a parking lot (I know) and broke a motor mount. By the time she got it home, two miles from the incident, the motor was WAY out of alignment with the rest of the car. This morning I had it towed to a trusted Transmission Repair facility, and I am waiting for word as to whether it is cost effective to repair. I truly like this car a whole lot, but not enough to sink more than a grand in it to fix it.

#5 ·
I don't mean this in a bad way, but the car is ten years old. I still have it, and I will have it for a long time.

Current status:
1) Less than 10K miles on engine and transmission.
2) New axles
3) New brakes with ceramic pads, new rotors, etc.
4) New windshield
5) Interior in pristine condition.
6) New tires and new TPS system.
7) New TCM
8) Ten years of minor paint flaws from Florida

To make a long story short, the engine and transmission were replaced by someone who was certainly not a certified mechanic, but was a "get 'er done" type. The transmission was mounted with some sort of a bracket that certainly did not come from a Mazda, but managed to hold the tranny until excessive vibration caused the aluminum to fail from metal fatigue. When she hit a bump hard enough, it just broke. Everything is now up to factory specifications.

For those who besmirch my intelligence and financial acumen, we are probably not going to be friends here. I have enough to actually pay cash for a NEW Mazda 3. No need for it though. I had a few moments frustration when it all happened, but made no hasty decisions, and business (and life) continues apace.

Have a nice day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.