Mazda3 Forums banner

Eonon New Release Android 7.1 & 2GB RAM GA8151 Car GPS designed for Mazda 3 2004-2009

34K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  Zpy978 
#1 · (Edited)
Eonon New Release Android 7.1 & 2GB RAM GA8151 Car GPS designed for Mazda 3 2004-2009

Hey guys, waiting for Android 7.1 Version with 2GB RAM Auto Radio for the cars Mazda 3 2004-2009? New features split screen mode and HDMI output transmit bring you more possibilities and entertainment. Also it supports customizing and rearranging the Quick Settings to access what you want quickly. Enjoy the ride, with new Android 7.1!

Nothing fits more perfectly than Eonon vehicle specific car stereo! Check the upgraded version GA8151 here:
  • Perfect fit for your Mazda 3 2004-2009
  • Android 7.1 OS, 2GB RAM & strong quad-core processor ensures a high speed of response
  • Split screen mode allows running two apps side by side
  • HDMI output transmit provides you a world-class viewing experience. (Only for headrest or monitor with HDMI input.)
  • 1024x600 HD screen delivers more crystal clear picture quality
  • Support Subwoofer output volume control & Bluetooth Music Info Display
  • Compatible with your Analog Bose System to offer you a perfect integration & better sound quality

Travel is not the only thing you buy that makes you richer, there are also Eonon car stereos! Don't miss out! Click and grab it:
https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS/Vehicle-Specific-GPS/Mazda-3-2004-2009-7-Inch-2GB-RAM-Auto-Radio-with-Steering-Wheel-Control-Integration-Car-GPS.html

Don’t hesitate to PM us if you have any questions on our products, thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
@EononCarDVD - Is this head unit better than the GA7151A?

The GA8151 looks like is has updated android software, however it is only running quad-core with 16gb of rom, whereas your GA7151A runs Octa-Core with 32gb of rom.

From the descriptions, your GA-7151A is better inside? Is that correct? When can we expect the GA8151 to be upgraded to at least match the previous version (GA7151A)?

Also, does the GA8151 show Album Artwork when streaming music via bluetooth?

#4 · (Edited)
Hi studentslacker, we couldn’t tell Eonon GA8151 is better or GA7151A is better as they are different versions.
Yes, you’re almost right. :arrow: GA8151 is the upgraded version of GA7151A which is with Android 7.1 system, 2GB RAM, Quad-Core & 16GB ROM while GA7151A is with Android 6.0 system, and 2GB RAM, Octa-Core & 32GB ROM. Please check the difference between them in details here: http://www.eonon.com/compare.aspx?prods=1793,1823&bigCategory=3
We will release the GA8151 with Octa-Core and 32GB ROM but currently we don’t know the exact time. Hope you understand, thanks.
Yes GA8151 supports Bluetooth Music Info Display. Hope it helps, thanks.

#9 ·
Hey Eonon you missed my question about 7.1 update for those poor customers that purchased GA7151A????
Also is Easy Connect working with iOS11 on GA8151 or do they have to wait a month like GA7151A customers
And what about the terrible phone call quality, callers cant hear you....is that fixed???
Make sure you research before you buy this unit same problems go from model to model with no fix from Eonon
Hi argus, thanks for your messages. We apologize for the late reply. :smiler:

1. The noise of the external MIC is not ubiquitous and this issue can be resolved by changing a new MIC.
2. As for the noise of the unit, please rest assured that we have resolved it with modified power wire. There are two kinds of specific wires, wire for Bose system and the wire for Non-bose system.
3. Please note that Easyconnection doesn’t support with IOS11 devices.
4. Actually we used better Bluetooth module for the new unit GA8151. Optimizing and debugging were made on the Bluetooth software in the production. :-o The call sensitivity becomes higher. In a word, the Bluetooth phone function has been improved greatly.

#5 ·
Hey Eonon you missed my question about 7.1 update for those poor customers that purchased GA7151A????
Also is Easy Connect working with iOS11 on GA8151 or do they have to wait a month like GA7151A customers
And what about the terrible phone call quality, callers cant hear you....is that fixed???
Make sure you research before you buy this unit same problems go from model to model with no fix from Eonon

#10 ·
This looks cool, but it is odd that the new model has a newer OS, but seems to have slower processor, and less ROM. Why is the GA7151A more expensive if it is a inferior model?

I was nearly going to pull the trigger on the GA8151, but now it looks like the hardware maybe inferior but it just has updated software?

#11 ·
Hi codemonkeyx, Eonon GA7151A is with Android 6.0 system, 2GB RAM, Octa-core, 32GB ROM while GA8151 is with latest Android 7.1 system, 2GB RAM, Quad-core, 16GB ROM. :eek:h:

You can see GA7151A has better hardware and more space for app installation
But GA8151 Android 7.1 unit also has many new features that Android 6.0 does not have.
You can check the new features here:

The running speed of them are almost same. But if you want to experience the new features, we suggest you can consider about the GA8151.
So it hard to say which one is better, its depends on what features you prefer. Hope you understand, thanks!
In addition, we will release the new GA8151 with Octa-core in the future. Thanks!

#14 ·
Great radio, until...

I bought a GA8151 Christmas present to myself. It worked great, right up until this last Saturday, 2/3/2018. While driving home from a evening shopping with the kiddo at Lego Store, I had a split screen of Bluetooth audio and Waze going. Suddenly, black screen, still had audio. Hmmmm. Pressed the power button, now no audio...
Send a message to Eonon support via FB Messenger, response is to update the firmware, follow these instructions, al;l shoudl be good. I DONT HAVE A WORKING DISPLAY!
Send message number 2, response states tech support wont be back until tomorrow, we'll be in touch. 3 days later, I start up a Messenger stream, get a response to press the power and reset button together, follow these instructions via a YouTube video. Follow the instructions, still no display. Send message with response of no display, waiting.

Not thinking the Eonon was a reliable purchase....

#15 ·
I bought a GA8151 Christmas present to myself. It worked great, right up until this last Saturday, 2/3/2018. While driving home from a evening shopping with the kiddo at Lego Store, I had a split screen of Bluetooth audio and Waze going. Suddenly, black screen, still had audio. Hmmmm. Pressed the power button, now no audio...
Send a message to Eonon support via FB Messenger, response is to update the firmware, follow these instructions, al;l shoudl be good. I DONT HAVE A WORKING DISPLAY!
Send message number 2, response states tech support wont be back until tomorrow, we'll be in touch. 3 days later, I start up a Messenger stream, get a response to press the power and reset button together, follow these instructions via a YouTube video. Follow the instructions, still no display. Send message with response of no display, waiting.

Not thinking the Eonon was a reliable purchase....
Hi Doug, we apologize for the experience you have had with your Eonon unit. We have also received your message via PM and replied you with advice there. Please find and check it, thanks. :smile2:

#18 ·
Hi d0ORk, please readjust the installation position of the head unit. Please connect with the installation clips in the exact position, and then adjust the air-conditioning control panel, and finally fix the screws.
Please follow up with the steps as below and prohibit reverse on your head unit.
settings --- >factory settings --> input password 126 ---> other ---> Prohibit reverse Hope it helps, thank you! :smile2:

#19 ·
Ok, rear cam is disabled now, thanks for that.
Next problem: NO SD Card can be formated. I wanted to format a SD Card but I always get an error (see attachment). I tried 16GB Intenso and Samsung 64GB.
I can put Music on it when I format it at PC and copy mp3 to it.
But the unit cant format it. I wanted to make a partition for more memory and one for data like music and stuff like on my mobile phone.
Please send me a new firmware, as it seems there is a new one.

Attachments

#25 ·
Hello Eonon,

Just upgraded from GA6151 that was painfully slow to start up to GA8151, and so far so good. The unit is snappy and responsive and sounds great. HOWEVER there is one big problem. After the car has been off for a few hours, when I start up, the EONON unit does not start up. No audio, black screen. Pushing the power button does nothing, as does holding the power button. To get the unit to start up, I have to insert a pin into the reset button.

What is going on? Why does the unit not start up when the car has been off for a few hours?

#31 ·
Hi arvint123, thanks for your interests on our products. The sound quality is better than that of the original car as we use superior built-in power amplifier TDA7851 for the head unit. Many people like our head units, and you can check the reviews here: https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Eonon In addition, our head units support with AUX function of the original car. Now this unit is under Easter Day sale, FREE gift is provided with, get it now: https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-G...eering-Wheel-Control-Integration-Car-GPS.html Thanks. :wink2:

#28 ·
Hey guys, waiting for Android 7.1 Version with 2GB RAM Auto Radio for the cars Mazda 3 2004-2009? New features split screen mode and HDMI output transmit bring you more possibilities and entertainment. Also it supports customizing and rearranging the Quick Settings to access what you want quickly. Enjoy the ride, with new Android 7.1!

Nothing fits more perfectly than Eonon vehicle specific car stereo! Check the upgraded version GA8151 here:
  • Perfect fit for your Mazda 3 2004-2009
  • Android 7.1 OS, 2GB RAM & strong quad-core processor ensures a high speed of response
  • Split screen mode allows running two apps side by side
  • HDMI output transmit provides you a world-class viewing experience. (Only for headrest or monitor with HDMI input.)
  • 1024x600 HD screen delivers more crystal clear picture quality
  • Support Subwoofer output volume control & Bluetooth Music Info Display
  • Compatible with your Analog Bose System to offer you a perfect integration & better sound quality

Travel is not the only thing you buy that makes you richer, there are also Eonon car stereos! Don't miss out! Click and grab it:
https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS/Vehicle-Specific-GPS/Mazda-3-2004-2009-7-Inch-2GB-RAM-Auto-Radio-with-Steering-Wheel-Control-Integration-Car-GPS.html

Don’t hesitate to PM us if you have any questions on our products, thanks.

Getting ready to order this in the next week or so. Pretty excited. From what I can tell, and from the YouTube install videos I have watched, the install looks fairly straightforward.

#36 ·
Hi d0ORk, please refer to the instruction and format SD Card. You can choose to watch it from the 20th to 40th seconds with the link of the video.
As for the gap, kindly we suggest you put something at the bottom of the head unit and then check with the result. Hope it helps, thanks.

And I cant change screen from horizontal to vertical or vice versa. So I cant see the settings in HereWeGo (Navi). Old problem from the 7151 too.
Do you fix anything???
It's a pity to tell you that the display screen of our head unit is fixed and it doesn't support with horizontal and vertical screen switching. Thanks. :smile2:

#35 ·
Hi

I recently purchased and installed a GA5181 and am generally quite impressed.

Good points
- very easy to install
- fits well, looks almost OEM.
- quite responsive to key presses
- physical buttons for most common functions

Not so good points
- screen is difficult to see on sunny days
- screen a bit bright at night
- sometimes apps crash for no apparent reason. Easily recovered but sometimes irritating.

But the most annoying issue for me is that when I have the radio and voice navigation apps on at the same time I can barely hear the voice navigation unless I turn the radio volume up very loud (ok if it’s a great song but not great at other times). I use the supplied radio app for radio and Waze for navigation. Waze mutes the audio while announcing turns etc but the voice is too quiet. I have increased the volume within Waze to its max setting. I can’t find a separate volume control in the radio app. I have tried the “app volume control” app to reduce media volume when Waze opens. But nothing works for me. Is there an alternative radio app that I could use that has a separate volume control for the radio only? Is there a per app volume control app that actually works? Or some hidden android control panel for this? If anyone knows how to solve this please let me know as it makes the nav feature almost useless for me.

Cheers
young_dazza

#39 ·
Just received and installed your GA8151 radio in my 2006 Mazda3 and have few questions.

1 - Volume even on the lowest setting is still very loud. If I put it on first, the volume for radio/cd and phone is still loud. Is there a way to adjust the minimum setting for the volume? I looked in the amplifier settings and general settings and did not see anything.
2 - I tried to connect OBDLink MX dongle for the Torque app and although the unit recognizes the OBDLink MX as available, I can't connect to it. Any ideas?
3 - How can I ensure that the unit automatically connects to my phones WIFI when I enter the car. Is there a way to do it automatically or do I have to connect manually every time.

Thanks in advance.

#40 ·
Hi sfinx, thank you so much for your kind feedback. :wink2:
1. Please follow up with the steps as below and adjust the volume of the radio, CD and phone.
Setting-->Factory setting-->PW:126-->voice
2. Could you please tell us whether you have the Eonon OBD product V0056? So we can help you better, thanks.
3. Please keep the WiFi hotspot on on your mobile phone and the unit can automatically be connected to your phone WiFi. Hope it help, thanks.
At last, you will be highly appreciated if you could tell us your email, order no. or serial no. of your unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.