Mazda3 Forums banner

Redline Tuning Hood Lift System

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  TMFMohawk 
#1 ·
Last Tuesday I had the pleasure of going down to Ann Arbor and meeting the Andreas and Brian of Redline Tuning. First off, wonderful and intelligent guys. Second the product and since they asked me to write a review, I thought you guys would be the first to know.

Redline Tuning Hood Lift System
Installation Time: 15-30 minutes
Tools Required: Rivet gun, simple ratchet set, screwdriver
Functionality: Adds roughly 6-8 inches of hood lift

Being a prototype car, it took a little longer to find the areas that would work best for the car but it was still a relatively quick experience. After having the lift in for about a week, I would say I like it. It is super functional since I no longer have to put the stupid prop rod up and it just feels more natural for the Mazda3. The shocks really take over about 60-75% of the way up and will hold the hood up no problem. Closing the hood also is a breeze and fits perfectly under the hood. Personally I wish that the struts were a little stronger and took over around 25-40% of the way up similarly to the hatch. Also after thinking it over more, it is kind of a less common mod because really it should have been on the vehicle before leaving the assembly line. Overall: 7 out of 10

Price: TBD but most of their entry level kits start around $90 and should be available within a week or so. So still about $25 cheaper than the corksport version.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I think I've been sold on one of these systems for my Escape. I keep it on a battery charger so I'm always opening the hood.

My parents are out of town and they left a car at my place. Discovered that it has a factory hood lift system when I went to check its battery (been sitting for a month) - on a 2008 Camry of all cars - it's a POS that they wish they hadn't bought. Much nicer than the old fashioned prop rod. Liked it even better than I thought I would. Not sure why all cars don't have them in 2015.

#8 ·
Yeah Cab0oze, you're probably right - but it begs the question why a Camry would have them then. Toyota is definitely resting on their past reputation and is constantly cheapening things in their vehicles. That car has the worst interior of any over $20k new car I've ever seen. That's why I was shocked to see struts under the hood. Seems to be the only thing right with this car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.