The "Motor Mount" Thread.

110K views 209 replies 63 participants last post by  xGreg 
#1 ·
THE BRANDS

Anthony Woodford Racing (AWR)
Passenger side mount
Rear mount

Corksport
Corksport has various mount "inserts" to fill the gaps in the stock mounts. They are not actual replacement mounts, so I will not link them, but anybody considering a motor mount may also want to consider these.

Custom Performance Engineering (CP-e)
Passenger side mount
Rear mount
Transmission side mount

NOTE: CP-E mounts may be priced differently (lower) at other online vendors.

Hardrace
Passenger side mount
Rear mount
Transmission side mount

James Barone Racing
Rear mount(s)
Side Mount

StreetUnit (Billet)
Rear mount
Passenger / transmission side mounts

StreetUnit (SURE)
Rear mount

NOTE: This mount is offered in different colors as well as Street/Track variations. Please search the SU site for more options.

TRZ
Rear mount
Transmission side mount

REVIEWS

[size=12pt]I will not post reviews here. Reviews are one-sided and biased heavily, considering very few people have tried 2 different brands of mount, nevermind all of them. If you would like to read biased reviews, please use the forum search function. BEWARE that your experience with any of these mounts will likely differ from most peoples review due to prior modifications, personal preference, and relationship status.

See less See more
#10 ·
I heard the cp-e side and tranny mount won't work on regular 3's, just the RMM.

#12 ·
Steve, which tranny mount should I get, since the cp-e one will only work for speed 3's....

#14 ·
ya or i could just say fuck it with the cp-e one tranny and side mount and just buy them from SU, since right now I only have a cp-e rmm(and a SU rmm in my room)

#15 ·
I want to try to keep the tranny and passenger mounts uniform. The plan here is go with AWR tranny mount when they come out. I already have an AWR 88D passenger mount. I'm probably gonna get rid of my SU rmm as it is from the first gen batch when they made em in 55D. I'm thinking about replacing with an AWR unit or a trz dog bone mount....i'm sure that someone will want a somewhat comfortable mount. no one makes em this soft anymore, lol

#19 ·
[quote author=itstillruns link=topic=188905.msg3991044#msg3991044 date=1302563697]
cp-e mounts cost an arm, a leg and a kidney

roll up to a car meet,sup guys....... o ya I just spent 800 dollars in motor mounts
[/quote]
HAHA THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD ROFL

#21 ·
If we are looking to keep it stock wouldnt the ones offered at rockauto do the trick?

I did notice that others here have mentioned buying them from rockauto but the pictures do not look like mount #3 to me... I swear a few days ago they had 3 part#'s listed and now just 2 #'s show on the rockauto site...

Maybe they sold out of the #3 mount?

#22 ·
does it matter if you have all different motor mounts from different companies?
is there a certain one you should pair up, like the side mounts?
and how about the duros, cause different mounts from different companies have different duros, so is it a problem if the duros dont match up?

#23 ·
i heard hardrace mounts are similar to the material that cp-e uses for the bushing.. but it's hard to find their passenger and trans mount

anyone know where you could actually buy it?

#24 ·
guys, this is meant as a list of options, not a review thread. there will be no promoting of brands in this thread.

anyhow, no, its not a problem if you mix and match mounts from different brands... although I think it'd be a good idea to keep the duro of each mount as consistent as possible.

#25 ·
[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=188905.msg3993742#msg3993742 date=1302785464]
guys, this is meant as a list of options, not a review thread. there will be no promoting of brands in this thread.

anyhow, no, its not a problem if you mix and match mounts from different brands... although I think it'd be a good idea to keep the duro of each mount as consistent as possible.
[/quote]
Steve is right. It's all about keeping the durometers similar so the stress is more evenly displaced. For example, you would want your transmission mount and your passenger mount to be similar durometers as they are on the same "plane" (side to side). However, in my opinion, if those two are decently paired, you can run a slightly stronger/weaker rear mount without too much issue. To be honest, ANYTHING is an improvement from factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.