FMVperformance.com : The site for all your Ford Mazda and Volvo needs

FMVperformance.com : The site for all your Ford Mazda and Volvo needs (https://www.fmvperformance.com/forumindex.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.fmvperformance.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   ANYONE BEEN ON A CRUISE BEFORE? (https://www.fmvperformance.com/showthread.php?t=235290)

damaz3s 01-04-2006 02:36 PM

ANYONE BEEN ON A CRUISE BEFORE?

Well, I just booked my first cruise ever!!! My trip is from May 3rd - May 12th!!! We're leaving from NYC, going to San Juan, St. Thomas, and Tortola. I'm really excited. We're going on the Carnival Legend. It's supposed to be one of the fastest cruise ships, allowing us to take a 10 day cruise in only 8 days. Anyone been on this ship before? What are cruises like? I wanna know your experiences, good and bad. :D My parents have been on many. They said it was really rough seas one night. The covers wouldn't stay on the bed Mama said. Give me the details everyone

Mazda3Mike 01-04-2006 02:40 PM

Re: ANYONE BEEN ON A CRUISE BEFORE?

I've been on four:

-Western Carribean
-Eastern Carribean
-Western Europe
-The Baltic

All on Norwegian Cruise Lines. Great time. Great food.

I can understand that one night is rough on that trip because that stretch of seas by Virginia and North Carolina is rough.

Vince8739 01-04-2006 02:41 PM

I'll go with you and give you a lifetime of awesome memories... :) *HAHAHAHAHA

damaz3s 01-04-2006 02:43 PM

:roll:

murph182 01-04-2006 02:50 PM

do you have to pay for all 10 days, or just the 8?

Commie 01-04-2006 02:52 PM

I went on one with my graduating class, it was really fun since there were like 60 people there with us and no matter where you go you see someone you know. I'm not sure if I'd do it with only several people. Other than that, lotsa stuff to do on the ship, mostly for those who like to relax. I doubt you'll get much time to explore the islands though, which bummed me out.

damaz3s 01-04-2006 02:55 PM

lol 8 days

ive already picked out which excursions i want to do, and i have back ups just in case the main one i picked is full or too expensive. i cant wait to go to the fancy dinners. its been so long since i was able to play dress up :)

dioxviad 01-04-2006 03:17 PM

I helped set up some dell computers on a cruise ship when it was docked in galveston. It didn't take me anywhere. I was mostly in the lobby and some cabins for 5 hrs then they made me get out.

GimmeA3s 01-04-2006 03:28 PM

Pack Dramimine and take it hours before you embarke. Also, they make a Ginger tablet that seems to also fight the effects of motion sickness. The reason I say this: Most modern cruise ships have mechanical stabilizers below deck that offset the effects of a rough ocean...they keep the pitching and swaying to a minimum. One of my best friends ended up on a ship that didn't have stabilizers working (they were 'broken' according to the crew) and he stayed sick and nauseous for the first 3 days of his cruise. If you're prone to motion sickness (and even if you don't know if you are or not, an unstabilized cruise ship will reveal it) don't let that ruin a fun vacation.

HomerCF 01-04-2006 04:29 PM

I've never been on one before, but I leave for my first one in 23 days! :dance2: I'm taking a 7 day cruise, and stoping in San Juan, St Thomas, and St Maarten. I can't wait, I need some time off, and to get, away from this cold and snow!