FMVperformance.com : The site for all your Ford Mazda and Volvo needs

FMVperformance.com : The site for all your Ford Mazda and Volvo needs (https://www.fmvperformance.com/forumindex.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.fmvperformance.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Question about camera phone and live show (https://www.fmvperformance.com/showthread.php?t=209107)

ghostrider 07-18-2004 04:49 PM

Question about camera phone and live show

Greetings to all. I have a burning question that no-one I know has been able to answer so far, maybe some of you work in this industry and can answer it.
I will be going to a show (Rush at the "Sound Advice" Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach, Fla.) in about 10 days. I just bought one of those spiffy new phones with camera and video capabilities. Am I going to be able to take it inside the pavillion, or should I leave it in the car?
It'd be nice to record a little clip so I can send it to my fellow Rush nut living in England, but I don't want to get the phone confiscated or get tossed out of the show. I do not intend to profit from whatever pictures or sound I get from the show.
Any ideas, experiences, or two-cents will be greatly appreciated! Take care everyone.

glaive81 07-18-2004 09:36 PM

Hmm...to answer your question...

Yes, you can take the phone into the pavilon and they will probably also let you take photos. I wouldn't be afraid of taking in the phone period cuz everyone carries a phone around so I doubt secuirty would consider it a treat. They normally let people bring in cameras I think...how close will you be to the stage cuz the quality of your photos may not be fantastic, but oh well, I guess its better then nothing :)

hope this helps.

bumoftheday 07-18-2004 10:51 PM

From experience, they let you take in the phone even tho it has a camera. You may want to put in a case if possible to block the camera so they won't see it but you should be fine either way. Last time I went to Sound Advice they didn't do a big search so I wouldn't be worried. However, I wouldn't reccomend taking pics, because from experience, with low light, bad resolution and long distances, camera phones suck at concerts.

ghostrider 07-19-2004 01:12 AM

Thanks guys! Yeah, the quality is going to be crappy, but it'll be a matter of "I was there and you weren't" kind of deal.
I'm in section 8, row H. No idea how close these are, but I'm hoping they're good, 'cause I shelled out 86 bucks apiece.
Again, thanks so much.