Long Time Lurker
Long time lurker here. I have an '07 Speed3 and have driven over 100,000 (mostly) fun miles in the past five years. Looking forward to problem-solving and contributing.
I'm currently experience major electrical issues and can't post in the forums for some reason. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Heads up with my issue:
- Issue started about 3 months ago.
- Seems to happen regardless of temperature.
- Center console (stereo, lighting) stopped working, blinked out then back on. Turned back on when driving. Ever since the issue happens for a couple days at a time then reverts to being fine.
- Car alarm randomly sounds when while the car is parked if the doors are locked.
- When the issue is happening every time the car is started the air conditioner and defrost turns on (not the rear glass defrost).
- Tripmeter randomly resets.
- All stereo presets are lost and the stereo goes back to factory settings. (The CD player has been jammed for years and doesn’t work.)
- When the console isn’t working there is a persistent light on indicating that there is a door ajar
- All interior lighting does not work when the issue is happening
- Chime reminding lights are on stops working when issue is happening
- There are NO issues with starting or battery drain
Last edited by 07Speed3ayuh; 04-28-2019 at 05:04 PM.