2007 Mazda 3i Touring 5 speed manual - FMVperformance.com : The site for all your Ford Mazda and Volvo needs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Go-Kart Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 61
2007 Mazda 3i Touring 5 speed manual

Hi everyone,

I have Mazda 3i Touring, I need to change something on my car because it is going 100k miles. Please, help me.

Last edited by tien113; 01-26-2015 at 05:56 PM.
tien113 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Grand Am Series
 
eljean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 383
What's wrong with it?
eljean is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Go-Kart Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljean View Post
What's wrong with it?
Nothing is wrong at the moment. However, some parts need to be replaced before it is broken.

I am trying to follow this thread:
_http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=499169
tien113 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 12:05 PM
F1 Driver
 
XCNuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 14,003
100k is still "young" depending how/where you drive it, you're kind of mid-mix and shouldn't really need to replace anything at the moment except maybe your rear motor mount if it's still the one from factory since day1.

Can look at your accessory belt and bearing, other than that it should mostly be fine if you've kept it happy.

'06 Whitewater Pearl build |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
XCNuse is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Go-Kart Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 61
In fact, I keep my car very carefully. That's why I do not change anything except brake pads and oil until 100k because nothing is broken. my car runs very good. no vibration in cabin.

I will ask a mechanic to inspect some parts easily worn such as 2 belts, shock absorbers, and motor mounts.

can I use OEM motor mounts: passenger mount, rear mount, and trans mount?

do you suggest better motor mounts. I found someone in forum use different kinds of motor mounts from JBR, Roca, or AWR. Which one is the best (quiet and cheapest) replaced for OEM?

Do I need to replace transmission oil? I never do it before. It's still origin.

Last edited by tien113; 01-26-2015 at 05:11 PM.
tien113 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:23 PM
Grand Am Series
 
eljean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by tien113 View Post
In fact, I keep my car very carefully. That's why I do not change anything except brake pads and oil until 100k because nothing is broken. my car runs very good. no vibration in cabin.

I will ask a mechanic to inspect some parts easily worn such as 2 belts, shock absorbers, and motor mounts.

can I use OEM motor mounts: passenger mount, rear mount, and trans mount?

do you suggest better motor mounts. I found someone in forum use different kinds of motor mounts from JBR, Roca, or AWR. Which one is the best (quiet and cheapest) replaced for OEM?

Do I need to replace transmission oil? I never do it before. It's still origin.
Lol I never replaced atf either and I doubt the owner before me either. Mine is kind of dark and I took it to the dealer for free oil change and they told me I should flush it for a whopping $250. I said no thanks though.

I second that question, is it necessary to change atf? I'm at 100k too
eljean is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Go-Kart Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljean View Post
Lol I never replaced atf either and I doubt the owner before me either. Mine is kind of dark and I took it to the dealer for free oil change and they told me I should flush it for a whopping $250. I said no thanks though.

I second that question, is it necessary to change atf? I'm at 100k too
my car is manual, not auto.

auto definitely needs to replace but manual do not need.

according Mazda dealer, they told me transmission oil for manual last long lifetime so no need to change. I doubt about it.
tien113 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Grand Am Series
 
eljean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by tien113 View Post
my car is manual, not auto.

auto definitely needs to replace but manual do not need.

according Mazda dealer, they told me transmission oil for manual last long lifetime so no need to change. I doubt about it.
Yeah but the owner manual does not indicate that it needs to be changed...
eljean is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Le Mans: GT Class
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 622
Welcome from Tasca
Chris

Chris
Employee pricing on all Mazda OEM parts and accessories!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TASCAPARTS is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Go-Kart Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljean View Post
Yeah but the owner manual does not indicate that it needs to be changed...
auto transmission definitely need to replace oil.

Do I need to replace ignition coil when I replace spark plugs?
tien113 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  FMVperformance.com : The site for all your Ford Mazda and Volvo needs > Misc > Introductions

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the FMVperformance.com : The site for all your Ford Mazda and Volvo needs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome