Need help with Firefox! No longer working for me? - FMVperformance.com : The site for all your Ford Mazda and Volvo needs
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Le Mans: Prototype Class
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,416
Send a message via AIM to Sky 3
Need help with Firefox! No longer working for me?

Just downloaded Firefox last week and it has been working fine until today or yesterday where the browser just refuses to access any websites. It just shows that its attempting to connect to the page and it just stops and nothing happens. I cleared private data, reinstalled the program but nothing helps.
Anyone familiar with Firefox can help out?
Sky 3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Le Mans: GT Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 657
Send a message via AIM to revenant Send a message via MSN to revenant Send a message via Yahoo to revenant
Re: Need help with Firefox! No longer working for me?

Is your anti-virus blocking it?
revenant is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 11:46 AM
F1 Driver
 
siscim23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 40,015
Send a message via AIM to siscim23
Re: Need help with Firefox! No longer working for me?

Have you reset the computer? 90% of problems with Windows can be fixed with a reboot lol.



siscim23 is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 02:12 PM
F1 Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Riverside and San Francisco
Posts: 5,642
Re: Need help with Firefox! No longer working for me?

i actually have a problem with windows media player plugin on firefox and IE7

For some reasons, it wont play the videos at certain sites (like nba.com). Any pointers?
say chi sin lo is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 03:51 PM
F1 Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,680
Re: Need help with Firefox! No longer working for me?

reinstall windows media player ..

and Sky3 ... try uninstalling and reinstalling firefox ...

i use firefox 98% of the time ... the other 2% i used Opera ...

Opera is cool and has cool skins, maybe try that browser ...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CaSHMeRe is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Grand Am Series
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southwestern,Connecticut
Posts: 347
Re: Need help with Firefox! No longer working for me?

[quote author=CaSHMeRe link=topic=105567.msg2150874#msg2150874 date=1205520682]
reinstall windows media player ..

and Sky3 ... try uninstalling and reinstalling firefox ...

i use firefox 98% of the time ... the other 2% i used Opera ...

Opera is cool and has cool skins, maybe try that browser ...

[/quote]

What he said... and be sure your firewall isn't blocking access....

UncleMepi
unclemepi is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Le Mans: Prototype Class
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,416
Send a message via AIM to Sky 3
Re: Need help with Firefox! No longer working for me?

I tried uninstalling and installing it already so I'll check with the anti virus. thanks for the info guys.
Sky 3 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 01:02 AM
F1 Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lake Orion, Michigan
Posts: 10,538
Send a message via AIM to small town king
Re: Need help with Firefox! No longer working for me?

DUBs just had this problem the other day

Went from a brand new 06 Silver Hatch to a Crispy 06 Hatch to a White 06 tC
I miss her
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ya. Thats my old Hatch on the Grip Tuning Advertisement Banner. After a nice photoshop, HOLLLLAAAAAAAAAAa
small town king is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Short Track Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 238
Re: Need help with Firefox! No longer working for me?

[quote author=Say Chi Sin Lo link=topic=105567.msg2150543#msg2150543 date=1205514758]
i actually have a problem with windows media player plugin on firefox and IE7

For some reasons, it wont play the videos at certain sites (like nba.com). Any pointers?
[/quote]

I had a similar problem, but my browser would crash out with any embedded WMP videos. It was really annoying...unfortunately, the only resolution I found for that was to reformat. I did everything else at least twice - reinstalled, played with settings, etc.
Rhawb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  FMVperformance.com : The site for all your Ford Mazda and Volvo needs > Misc > Lounge

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the FMVperformance.com : The site for all your Ford Mazda and Volvo needs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome