[quote author=Phantom3 link=topic=105385.msg2144962#msg2144962 date=1205356745]
1. I dont know my ring size either but I have an advantage, my boyfriend works at his dads jewelry store and I tried a ring on and was like what size is this it fits perfectly, turns out im a 6. But a girl will usually hint at the size or find out for herself. worse comes to worse make sure the ring you pick can be sized up or down later.
2. Buy your girl a magazine like cosmo, they have engagement ring adverts all the time. Ask her friends if she talks about it, girls talk about this to other girls wondering what it could look like. Or you can be an ass like my boyfriend and I went to the store and he was like do you want to see the ring I have picked out of you? I was like no I want to wait and see it when you propose. I love him though, now I cant stop thinking about it. Make sure you know your diamonds or get with a friend who knows it. Many places will rip you off! They prey on people who dont know much and will sell you a bad diamond for way to much money. Remember the 3 Cs, Cut, Color and Clarity. Many sites have good info. Pick a ring that screams thats her ring!
3. The 2 band is exactly that, the engagement ring and the wedding band. Many couples go for matching rings with their spouse or the woman gets a matching wedding ring that matches her engagement. That is your choice, I like to match with my boyfriend but he said the one he likes wont match my ring, so we shall see.
Good luck! If you have questions I cant answer ill ask my boyfriend for you when I see him and post here. He knows more then I do which is good for me
Thank you for answering within the numbers I gave. Very easy to read
1) I figure the safe bet is to go a little big and have it resized. Because if it is too small and does not fit on her finger at all when she says yes, that would be really bad.
2) Cosmo is the last magazine my gf would read. She doesn't even swear, haha. I may use the idea above with her mom, or have one of her friends start asking her questions about it and report back to me.
Thanks for the feedback