Mazda3 Forums banner

1988 RX-7 10th A/E with 2001 LS1 V8 6-Speed

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Greenmonster138 
#1 ·
I recently moved out to Washington DC. The car is still located in Cincinnati in storage. I have no place for the car out here.

A little history of the car.
1988 RX-7 Turbo II 10th Anniversary with only 79,000 miles on the car
The motor is a 2001 LS1 T-56 6-speed out of a WS6 Trans Am with only 27.000 miles on it.
The car has over sized fenders in the rear
All new suspension bushings
Tein coilovers
New front and rear brakes
Hawk HP+ pads, Brembo rotors, New front Calipers.
Sitting on Enkei - RPF1 - 17x8 +35 front 245/40ZR17 and 17x10 +18 rear 285/40ZR17 Khumo Estra MX Tires.
Hinson front/rear mounts, w/ poly motor mount inserts
Hinson Aluminum Driveshaft.
HD Diff mount with Toe Eliminator bushings and adjustable dog bone (Adjusts rear Camber)

The motor:
All Stock, has all emissions removed
only running an Alternator, with Kaltech belt Tensioner
So no Power Steering (have actual manual steering rack installed)
No Air conditioning.
JTR Longtube Headers into a Magnaflow y-pipe feeding into an Apexi GT Spec rear section.
Transmission:
Spec stage-3 clutch and flywheel
5.0 Pro Short Shifter
I have HP Tuner for the car which I will be selling with the car.

All Aftermarket VDO Gauges, 5" Autometer Tach, VDO Speedo, Volt, Water Temp, Oil PSI, Gas Gauge.

There is no interior in the car I've gone through the entire chassis wiring harness to remove all useless wiring. Total of 24 lbs of wiring removed.
The car never sees the rain because I've removed the Factory sunroof. No Wipers, No Radio. Still has Power windows cause they are only slightly heavier than the manual windows which I decided not to install. I have only had the car running since August 07 and I've only put around 1000 miles since the swap. The car runs very strong. I've never taken it to a track so don't ask what its run, I have no idea and don't really care. Its easily a 11 sec car. Had the car corner balanced and alignment done after everything was installed. The car weighs 2625 lbs with near a full tank of fuel. I built the car to have fun in, was never intended to be a daily driver, no saying it couldn't be but I would rather drive my other car everyday.

I am in no real hurry to sell the car. Only serious buyers, this is no joke. I would literally have to drive 8 hours to show someone the car. So if you are truly interested only contact me. I'm not driving 1000 miles to show the car if you just want to see it. I will answer any questions you have about the car. I have done all the work myself so I know the car inside and out. This is the third V8 RX7 I have done.

$11,000 OBO
No trades, No BS here.

See less See more
#3 ·
[quote author=tigermack link=topic=111595.msg2307752#msg2307752 date=1210631050]
Fast ass car but wrong section.

Good luck.

[/quote]

+1...

did i read right? "JTR Longtube Headers into a Magnaflow y-pipe feeding into an Apexi GT Spec rear section"

how does that sound like?

#4 ·
yeah im part of the v8rx7forums with an FC in the works and this forum as well. highly doubt anyone here is interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.