[size=15pt]Buy/Sell Forum Rules[/size]
* Buy/Sell forums located on FMVp sites are for personal property only.
* No commercial postings will be allowed, and such messages will be removed.
*No raffles are permitted. Such postings will be removed.
*You may not, under any condition, sell an item that you do not have physical possession of.
This means it is at your home or place of business and easily accessible to you at any time. You can not sell something prior to receiving it.
* You are required to post a picture of the ACTUAL item, with the start of the thread, not after. The photo must include a sign with the sellers user name. Stock manufacturers/retailers photo's may be posted only to supplement a photo of your item, not in place of a photo of the actual item.
If you do not have a digital camera of any type, your options are to borrow a friends or to take film pictures and either scan them yourself or have the photo store put them on a photo CD. All members are accorded space in our gallery, so hosting should not be an issue. You can also use a different website to host your pics such as http://www.imageshack.us/index.php
Please note that FMVp does not have actual knowledge of the policies or service levels of these sites, and makes no actual endorsement of them.
* Member Requirements.
A new rule is in effect to restrict the chance that a seller simply creates an account to advertise an item. The following rules will be in effect for any person wanting to list an item for sale or for trade.
1. The member has at least 10 posts *quality posts. ) AND
2. Your username must have at least 12 hours of time spent online.
You can check your time spent online via the user info box at the top of the screen, or by viewing your user profile and choosing Show Stats.
3. Your account is place in a group represented by an assigned forum icon that reads: sponsor, regional coordinator, contributing member, or senior member. Forged icons will result in a suspension of the offending user account.
*Quality of posts to reach the minimum threshold of posts required to sell will be determined by FMVp staff. Spamming of threads to reach the required post count is strictly prohibited.
*Bumping of threads in the classified section(M3F Buy/Sell , General Buy/Sell) is against forum rules. Do not bump your own for sale thread or it can and will be removed.
* Any member or guest of M3F can make offers or contact sellers.
* Proxy selling: User may not have another user sell an item for them because they do not meet the requirements to sell and item, unless that item is in possession of the person selling it on the forum.
*No Linking to other websites that act as a proxy for sale within the first 5 days of listing
. Members wishing to list an item for sale cannot simply provide a link to a website that acts as a proxy or agent of sale. This means you cannot link to a website such as Ebay, Amazon Marketplace, AutoTrader, etc
. However, you can link to a webpage describing the product or to product specification pages. Also, you are not allowed to simply link to another web forum that describes the item for sale. We prefer that you duplicate your post in this forum rather than linking to an outside forum. This rule is in effect to provide the forum members here an opportunity to see your item rather than to use this forum as an advertisement for personal auctions or to redirect attention towards public product sales. However, if an item receives no response within 5 days of listing on Mazda3forums.com (the day of the listing is inclusive), a link to an external agent site will be acceptable.
* Strict rules concerning sellers and buyers and the transaction. Basically, it's either a "good" transaction or it's a "bad" transaction. If you're selling something - and the buyer has reason to suspect that you're being shady - then the seller will be banned once enough evidence to suggest the seller is being dodgy, lazy, incomplete, or apathetic on providing what is advertised. If the seller truly has a significant reason to explain the circumstance, and the situation is resolved - then the seller is still "good" since diligence and effort make all the difference in a transaction.
* Same applies to buyers. If a seller finds out that a buyer renegs payment or other weird things with no explanation - the buyer will be banned once evidence supports that the buyer is sketchy. These strict rules are in place because this forum won't be used as some metric to see how trustworthy you are. You start with credibility - and if that credibility is shot due to abuse of trust, then the abuser gets banned.
* If you make a transaction a "bad" experience and make little or no effort to resolve the issue (or it's obvious you ripped someone off) - then you get banned.
* There is a rating system on FMVp sites, and it is recommended that all sellers and buyers be aware of it and use it. However, actual use, though recommended, is completely voluntary.
* Mitigating disruptions in Buy/Sell threads. (June/12/2006)
Often times, there are certain types of posts that disrupt the course of a buy/sell thread. This rule will address this issue.
Forum members will not be restricted from informing people regarding retail prices of your product, so long as the comparison product price that is mentioned is sold by a forum sponsor. Additionally, users must avoid intentionally passing judgement regarding the degree of savings of the buy/sell thread. However, Forum members may not intentionally speak negatively of a product with their opinions. These rules are in place to allow forum members to reasonably communicate their thoughts about a sale, while also protecting sellers from perceived "thread crapping" that could de-rail a reasonable sale.
Moderators reserve the right to remove any post that they feel violates this rule. The Buy/Sell section requires policies that are much more strict than those of the rest of the forum.
An example regarding pricing posts: If you are selling an Injen cold air intake and are asking a price is $300, it will be acceptable for a forum member to indicate that your asking price is the same as the full retail price that Injen offers as the MSRP of the intake. This is because the Injen cold air intake is sold by various sponsors of Mazda3forums. However, a member who sold an Injen intake 1 month prior for $100 via eBay cannot post a link to their previous eBay auction showing the $100 sale. If the buy/sell thread's asking price is simply $5 less than what is currently available from a sponsor, users must refrain from intentionally stating that the $5 savings is insufficient or "lame." Haggling is fine, purposley bagging the seller's reputation or attacking an offered price is not okay.
Regarding the restriction of negative comments and thread crapping: If a seller posts an Injen intake, forum members will not enter the particular buy/sell thread to speak negatively of Injen's products. They cannot post about their opinions that AEM makes a superior product than Injen. Discussion regarding the benefits of one particular brand or product must be done in the general forums, and not explicitly within the Buy/Sell area.
In short: Do not post in a thread unless you are interested in purchasing the item. If you have a problem with, then price PM the seller. If you think the others that are interested in the item might be getting taken advantage of it is "your" prerogative to pm that user if you choose. But please don't complain about the price a seller advertises as it's not you're call to set the asking price. If it's too high, hopefully people will have the know-how to do proper price shopping and work out a deal with the seller. Respect other people's sales as if they were your own.
* Thread Titles (May 31, 2004). Please use one of the following on each thread posts:
FS (For Sale)
WTB (Want to Buy)
WTT (Want to Trade)
* Commercial postings may be made only by approved sponsors. To inquire about sponsorship, please visit our FMVsponsors page.
* Companies or individuals acting for profit or in a manner not consistant with selling off personal merchandise, deemed to be intentionally evading sponsorship duties may be subject to a fine not less than $250 and not more than $3,000 (plus reasonable lawyers fees) equal to not more than the TOTAL MARKET VALUE of all items sold to members or visitors of FMVp sites.
* FMVperformance.com is not responsible for the sellers and their products listed on FMVperformance.com sites
* FMVperformance.com reserves the right to contact seller and purchaser at any time for any reason and by any manner.
* While FMVperformance.com can not ensure, guarantee, the validity of sellers claims in any manner, sellers are responsible for the completion of all deals made through FMVperformance.com sites.
* Should a properly agreed to deal not be completed within a reasonable time frame and the seller can reasonably be considered at fault, FMVperformance.com reserves the right to take action. Such action may include but is not limited to a fine in the amount of the total market value of the item or items which have been withheld from their rightful purchaser, plus reasonable legal fees, plus the proper transferral of the item to the purchaser. FMVp is not required to take such action.
* FMVperformance.com reserves the right to record and save the IP and all other information of all sellers and purchasers and may contact ISP's at any time and for any reason.
All involved parties agree that necessary legal remedy shall be sought in the State of Connecticut, if such legal remedy involves FMVp, and this web page / document shall be enforceable, subject to the laws of the State of Connecticut.
* Should necessary legal remedies not involve FMVp, they may be sought subject to the jurisdiction and laws of the Buyer or the Seller.
Please remember this site is not an auction house. When selling an item please set a price on that item, so others know what to expect when going to purchase this item.
Also, here's a tip for all buyers:
For every thousand good transactions, there will be one guy that takes advantage of the Internet to rip someone off. People are scared to be that 1 person who gets conned. As a seller, you can help build trust by offering the following:
1) Detailed explanation of your item
2) Explanation of why you are selling
3) A product photo that contains a very identifiable marker... something that clearly identifies the product as being offered for this forum. For example, check out this picture ( blurred out the original user's name, but you get the idea )