FMVperformance.com : The site for all your Ford Mazda and Volvo needs - View Single Post - Introduction
Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
sevastiades
Bicycle Rider

Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is Ted, and I bought a 2008 Mercury Milan Premier with 2.3L I-4 with 119k miles on it last December. I installed an aftermarket stereo system in it about a month after I bought it.

I installed:
Alpine iLX-207
Maestro iDatalink RR with FO1 cable
4 Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8s
2 Hertz 1-inch tweeters
2 Rockford Fosgate P1 12" in a ported box
1 Alpine 4-channel amp to the interior speakers
1 Rockford Fosgate Punch amp to the subwoofers

Initially, I ran into an odd issue. Upon completing the install, the car would no crank/no start.

After a week of fiddling with fuses and ensuring harnesses were connected, it started in limp mode long enough to drive it to the dealership I bought it from.

They replaced the TCM, battery, repaired some wiring, and replaced a fuse, according to their notes. They also performed the airbag recall.

The car runs fine now, and the stereo sounds great. I just have an airbag light that comes on after I start the car. I notice the instrument cluster dims occasionally while driving on the expressway with the cruise control set, and I hear the car click when I shift between gears, as though it's coming from the gear selector and possible the driver's side dash. I hope these are trivial, as I would like to drive this car to 200k miles.

Thank you for this forum and accepting me in it.

Last edited by sevastiades; 03-02-2019 at 07:27 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome